Monday, July 14, 2008

Hiking and Yellowstone Adventure

In June I went to Yellowstone with a few friends, here are some pictures of that and of some hiking adventures since then...

valley

waterfall

This is a beautiful valley in Yellowstone, pretty sure this is when we saw the bald eagle.  Next to it is upper falls, pretty freaking huge.  And according to one man I overheard, "the most amazing thing" he had ever seen!

 

geyser geyser1

These are two geysers.  I don't remember which two but it doesn't make them any less beautiful!

beaver rams

Here is a very small sampling of the wild life we saw.  A beaver and some rams.  We also saw a couple black bears, elk, moose, bison, bald eagle, marmots, coyotes, and other random animals unimportant enough for me to forget.

NOW, here are a few pictures from a few recent hikes...

n285402570_2476836_4738[1] rocks

meweez ankle deep mud

Olive is an amazing rock climber, way better then me and better at finding easier ways to get up then I can.

mudlines muddy olive

Here are a couple pictures of the aftermath of a hike.  I have never seen so much still standing water!  We were way gross afterwards but we had a lot of fun!

No comments: