Friday, June 27, 2008

What God is teaching me...

Have you ever seen Evan Almighty?  I think I like it more than Bruce Almighty for one reason, the theme.  God doesn't just give us what we pray for, he gives us situations in which we can learn and grow from.  I have been learning pretty hard core lately about life and what it means.  Recently, I have been praying "why?"  that is it.  Why don't I feel good enough?  Why isn't life easier?  Did you know I have a pretty easy life?  Yeah, my parents don't abuse me, in fact they pay my college tuition and pretty much send me money whenever I need it.  I have made good choices my whole life and have never been addicted to drugs or alcohol.  Heck, I haven't had hardly any close people to me die, I am not in debt, pregnant or divorced.  I have it easy.  Yet, I still think my life is hard and could get easier, sad.

It does seem though, God is using my friends and the kids I work with how good my life really is.  And not only that but these people have a totally different background and what I see as failure they see as complete success.  I have also had to go through some tough times with friends.  A few of my friends were just in a car accident where someone died, how awful.  I can't imagine what grief they must be going through.  I wish I could help them and make them better and realize it wasn't their fault but I can't do that.  I pray that they do see it, that they can't live that day by "what if?"

People keep asking me, what do you want to do after you graduate?  Like graduating is really going to put me that much closer to my goal.  Guess what, I want to do pretty much what I am doing now just with less school involved and maybe some more money.  I want to enjoy my time with friends, I want to have fun at work, and I want to continue to try and change the world.  Whether that is continuing to "corrupt" more Baptists, or influencing a kid to make the right choice.  You don't have to change everything to change the world...  It is that one thing you do that makes a difference.  It isn't you graduating college, or you making your parents proud.  I hope that my life right now is reflective of what I want to do after I finish college; change the world.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I read this post a couple of days ago and wanted to respond but wasn't really sure where to begin. I often pray "Why?" as well but really you are right our lives really aren't that bad compared to what others go through. I think the situations we are given are meant to teach us just as you said even though sometimes it is hard to go through those situations. I think it is great that you are able to help the kids you work with. I can't wait to see you.