Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Confused relief.

I was thinking my next post would be about how I plan on "making a better story" but I had to share this with my readers (few if any).

I recently had a coworker get fired. At first, I was confused why, she is a hard worker, never late, tries so hard on what she does, and has a passion for the kids matched by few. She unfortunately is dramatic and lately has been negative and pulling me into the center of things. I honestly felt relief the longer I thought about it because I can be her friend without our work relationship getting in the way.

Tonight I called her to check on her and she basically accused me of backstabbing her, stating that she didn't feel like she could trust anyone from there, including me. This hurt me, because I care for her and value our friendship. This last December when I had to stay in Laramie for Christmas she had me to her house and made me feel at home. Not many people do that. I hope that her being fired will not get in the way of our friendship. I hope that time does give her a chance to heal and remember who I am.

No comments: