Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Amazing Grace

So this is my third post tonight but I have had a lot on my mind and not much time to write. This last weekend there was an episcopal conference in Laramie and Cathedral Home hosted a breakfast for them one of the days. I was volunteered for it by my boss (who if he is reading this, is awesome). I was not looking forward to waking up at 4:30 to go serve people breakfast but all the same I went. I am thankful I did.
The kids performed some songs and one girl sang Amazing Grace. Not only did she sing Amazing Grace, she owned it. Tears are coming to my eyes just thinking about it. I was not facing the stage, my back was to the stage and I got to see everyone else react to her. It reminded me of the moment where when the bride comes into the church and you stand to watch her. I love watching the groom, seeing his adoring face staring at his bride. That was how I felt but times 20. There were old men holding their chins, trying not to show they were crying, women wiping tears from their eyes trying to remove anything that might prevent them from seeing this girl sing. It was amazing. I cried. (and then I laughed because this is one of those times 10 years ago I would have made fun of my mom for crying)
Find something and make it yours, live a passionate life.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I still cry and did reading this.What a beautiful morning you had. & I think it has been less then 10 years since you made fun of me crying...just sayin'

Unknown said...

Oh, I am sure Mom, but 10 was a nice number ;) LOVE you!!!