Thursday, October 14, 2010

True Love

I think love is something most people long for. Whether it is to be loved by a friend, a parent, or that "special" someone. Thing is, today that special someone seems like a foreign idea. With a divorce rate above 50%, people seem to move from relationship to relationship like a pair of shoes it is easy to be scared of love. I am terrified. But today brought one of the moments of hope... maybe I will be one of the people that doesn't get a divorce, that lives happily ever after, raising a ruckus with my spouse. Today, I saw one of those couples that you know are still in love despite 50 years of marriage to each other.
One day I hope to find a love that will last. One, where it doesn't matter what I say, it is awesome. Where we can laugh and cry together. We can run out of things to say but it won't matter because we are still happy just being near each other. Some say I have my sites set too high, but if you don't set them high you don't find the best. On a side note, I am surprised how corny this post is because I am on my period and I am an angry bitter person on my period... so times this by ten and you might have how I really feel about this lovely subject of love.

No comments: