Sunday, September 12, 2010

Love Languages

I love taking personality quizzes and reading different personality things. It is probably my nerdy pop-psychology side speaking but I also just love gaining insight into myself and other people. Sometimes, I think those profiles put into words who I am without me realizing it. Sometimes, the profiles are pretty far off. One profile I love is the Love Languages. I think I love it because I love showing people that I care for them but people have different ways of receiving and giving love.
I think it is important to know this because for example I love receiving and giving quality time but many people may like to receive or get gifts. It is helpful to know this because I have a super wonderful amazing grandma that loves to buy things when she visits. Sometimes this annoys me because we can't stop until we find the perfect gift; I hate shopping. For me to know this is probably one of her top Love Languages is important because I can see that she is showing me she loves me and cares for me. Really, I am just happy being with her, I don't need her to buy me anything!
You can take the Love Language Quiz too! I had talked a lot about the Love Languages but have never actually taken the quiz. I knew Quality Time and Words of Encouragement were my top two but had never realized how extreme each one was but it makes sense...

12 Quality Time
6 Words of Encouragement
6 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch
1 Receiving Gifts

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I did the test too. MY scores had 3pretty close to even,does this make me complicated or hard to love?
8 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
4 Receiving Gifts
1 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

Daffney Lauren said...

I say it makes it easy to love because there are more things to show appreciation where as I think I am a bit more difficult because I have a very extreme score.