Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Love is the Answer

Since when did having an easy life mean that you are doing thing, that you are following God's will? I am sure most people have thought about God's will, whether they are religious or not... (What does God want me to do with my life? Why would God let this happen? etc...) My brother wrote a blog about God's will that I think answered a few questions that people ask. It is pretty good, you should read it.

This is not that blog though, this blog is once again my personal venting post. It seems that when I talk to people about school, work, or love they tell me to pray about it and seek God's will. Really, what does that look like? If I am following God's will does it mean my life will be posh and easy? No! Was Christ's life easy? Certainly not and I would like to think he was following God's will, after all he was God's son.

I find it hard to believe that I am not following God's will. I am serving kids daily, being an example of living a good life. Have I made mistakes along the way? I certainly have, but I have learned from them. Just because life is hard doesn't mean you aren't doing the right thing. Remember, God wants us to follow his commandment...

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself" -Matthew 22:37-39

So in all you do... LOVE!

No comments: