Saturday, May 17, 2008

Compromising positions

Today was a blast.  I had a wedding to go to today but skipped it because of events this week and went hiking and saw Prince Caspian and went to the bar and got a couple drinks with friends.  It was just what I needed after a long couple of days.  Now, I need to go to bed for work in the morning but thought I would share a few of my pictures from hiking today.  My roommate Sarah and I went up to Veedauwoo and did the Turtle Rock trail.  It is a beautiful trail, full of beautiful rock formations and random ponds and "waterfalls".

May Hiking 031

 

Note, in the left of the photo there is a beautiful "waterfall"!!!  LOL

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

May Hiking 032 May Hiking 041

The two above are a few of the amazing rock formations you can see on the Turtle Rock trail.

May Hiking 033

 

This is one of the ponds we saw, it was full of frog sounds, though we didn't see any.

 

 

 

 

May Hiking 035

 

When you make the picture bigger, note the gopher staring at us from the rock above us at the left. 

 

 

 

 

May Hiking 038 May Hiking 040

Hope you enjoy the pictures.  It is so much more amazing in person but I am sure you can see how beautiful it is from the photos.  Also, I am excited to take my mountain bike up there!  Was it worth missing a wedding for?  I don't know.  I do know it helped me recoup from this week, which I am sure a wedding wouldn't have helped.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Looks like you had a nice relaxing day and it sounds like you needed it. I hope your week goes better and I can't wait to see you so we can catch up and enjoy a little baby...hopefully it will be here before you have to leave. Love ya!